Monday

FMP Overview...

Coming towards the end of my Fashion Campaign Project I wanted to reflect back and review my own progress. 

First and foremost, I'm really pleased with the final outcome, for the first time i didn't have any idea what it may have been. I think this was because i challenged myself by choosing something I wasn't completely familiar with and secretly scared of. Technology and Film. 
However, although it has been hard work, i've overcome my demons and realised it isn't as scary as it seems, and when you get the hang of it it's actually quite good fun. It's all about trial and error- just like the rest of your life really...

The film itself shows reference to all the key elements extracted from our research, Anatomy, structure, intertwined, movement. Considering we had two sets of exhausted development, our work began to distort and become somewhat farfetched... but for this film- i think it works. 
We talked lots about contrast, as the entire project has seemed to become one, from having a designer who was trying to work against her own 'girly' style to create something quite dark and grungy, to the mix up of textures and fabrics- tough leather vs flowing chiffon's. There was the detailed anatomy, with hard structured bones to soft juicy flesh, the colour palate of dark bruised purples and burnt blood red compared to rose pastel pink cheeks. 
Our film doesn't necessarily promote our designers latest collection, but tells a abstract story of her moods feelings and concept towards its development. 

I feel like i've learnt a lot from this project, I've felt engaged and motivated compared to some where i've rushed and worked backwards after making the final piece first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment